Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Airport sitting

I am a nervous flier and always try to be at the airport with plenty of time to spare. I have already passed through security, eaten lunch, and am now sitting and waiting for my flight. I was disappointed that my carry-on had to be checked. I was over the situation before it even happened, though, and didn't argue. 

The next few posts will likely be somewhat boring with various check-ins and some observations while people-watching. 

When you fly, (especially out of country) it seems a little easier to talk to your neighbor. You have something in common, simply by being on a plane together. The destination, the experience of traveling.. You can choose to remain quiet if you wish, or you can enjoy a new friendship. Last time I met a nice young woman from São Paulo. We talked for a while on our trip to the GRU airport. Planes are your chance to ask people about their stories. There are so many strangers that pass in and out of my life daily, that I can't help but wonder what their stories are.

See you in IAH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment