Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Morning Thunderstorms

I woke up this morning to very loud thunder. I would usually love to sleep in a little longer to the clouds' rumbling heartbeats, but this morning it sent me to my go-to weather app, Intellicast, to make sure that the biggest storms will clear by my takeoff time. 

I am much better about flights these days, but there are still few things I hate more than stormy lift offs or rough flying conditions - not that anyone really enjoys them. It removes any sense of control you feel about where you are, which is really where most phobias originate. 

The next few hours will be busy. One last run-through of my luggage. I found out that I could not print my boarding pass ahead of time, as they need to check my passport at the airport prior to my receiving one. I remember that from last time now. 

Well, I had better get started. The storms have cleared already. All that remains is the electricity of my own excitement.

The above image shows my parents' backyard post-storm. A pretty sight first thing in the morning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment