Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello, Texas!

My first plan of action upon arriving at IAH was to find medicine for nausea and a migraine. After a quick ride to my terminal, I tracked down Advil and Dramamine. Followed by some iced coffee from the Starbucks across the way. Aside from my motion sickness, the flight was pleasant enough. The typical complaints about riding economy, but I was expecting that. I got into the plane very quickly, which is fantastic.

My neighbor on the plane was friendly and quiet during the flight. 

My personal item is a laptop bag given to my grandmother, who has a passion for Chihuahuas. The bag is covered in chihuahua print and was awarded with a long, amused stare from my roomie. She laughed at me after I told her about my grandmother, and she said I was going to find a person in my travels that will be in love with it, and tell me all about their army of small dogs.

Congratulations, Rachel- you were right. The bag ended up being a conversation starter for my neighbor, who proudly named off the breeds of her five dogs, and told me she also had horses and cats. I have no chihuahua, but I was at least able to relate to her by telling her about my (very much adored) cat, Mucha, and about how I aspire to have a beagle as a companion some day also.

On that note, I will leave you for now, and will see you on the other side of the Americas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment