Sunday, February 9, 2014

Addicted to Wanderlust

Some people just have the bug. They aren't satisfied with merely planting in one spot forever, accepting their scenery and whatever weather might come, allowing the seasons to pass around them and shoes to trample paths around where they sit. Some people want to make those paths. They have tasted the fruits of culture and the excitement that exploration can bring. They've created memories they'll never forget, and will cherish forever. They've rounded themselves, and know that there is always something more to see or to learn from the world around them.

I am one of those people.
Riding in a donkey-pulled cart at Galinhos in RN, Brazil


I am Mahala Bloom - Graphic Designer, writer, photographer, illustrator, apprentice cat lady, and most important of all, travel lover. I have faced the challenges one faces when filled with so much wonder for the world, but with the humble earnings of a Graphic Designer new to her field. I am here to say that, despite your finances or your challenges, anything is possible with enough willpower, determination, and planning.

I am very excited to welcome you to my blog, which I hope will soon be filled with useful information for you, and welcome questions, requests, or feedback which can be submitted on the form to the right, or commentary on individual blog posts, which I will be happy to respond to.

Lovely Travels!

2 comments:

  1. I expect great things from your travel blog. If your experiences are vivid enough and your descriptions are eloquent enough, you'll get all those armchair travelers up and off to the airport, or the rail station, or the touring vehicle of their choice. You've already caused a replay in my head of all the places I've been privileged to see in my life. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mike. I really appreciate you reading. I am very excited, and hope to even have guest writers to fill in for some countries I've not yet had the pleasure of experiencing yet. Even if it's just exploring your own country, though, there is so much to see and be inspired by. There are subcultures right within our own nation that I would love to see some day. I hope you continue to visit in the future, and that it is an enjoyable read for you.

      Delete